[sane-devel] Problems setting up Mustek 600 III EP Plus in Xubuntu

Eddy De Greef edg-sane at edpnet.be
Sun May 18 18:06:01 UTC 2008

Hi Juan Carlos,

as far as I can see, everything looks ok this time, except for one line
(see below). The id returned by the scanner is 0. I don't know what the
correct value should be (I'm not familiar with the CCD models), but 0
certainly isn't right. It looks as if the scanner isn't attached or
turned off.

I suspect it's another kernel or libieee1284 bug. Sometimes, it helps if
you change the parallel port setting in the BIOS: eg., you can try ECP
mode, or EPP mode. (Remember to always test as root.)

Have you ever been able to scan on Linux?

Best regards,

Eddy