[sane-devel] [iscan] New release available

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Sep 29 00:43:47 UTC 2008

Jarosław Górny <jaroslav at aster.pl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Wednesday 24 September 2008 08:41:07 am Olaf Meeuwissen napisał(a):
>>
>> A new release of Image Scan! for Linux has been made available on my
>> employer's website.  The release announcement is at:
>
> Is there a chance for transparencies scan support? I think of
> devices with motor transport (eg. perfection 2580 Photo)...

It is extremely unlikely that the support status for the Perfection
2480 PHOTO and Perfection 2580 PHOTO will change to include support
for film transport.  That notwithstanding, you could send a request
to the bugreport address for iscan.  It's availabe via the source's

  ./configure --help

but to save you the trouble from downloading

  pipsnews a-t avays d-o-t jp

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962