[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New release of Image Scan! for Linux

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Fri Feb 27 04:56:36 UTC 2009

Dear all,

We're having a flurry of releases of late and the latest just hit the
server[1].  There is rather little really new stuff but nevertheless,
here goes:

iscan-2.17.0                                              (2009-02-10)
 * adds support for the following devices:
   - Epson PX-401A
   - Epson PX-601F
 * fixes a problem with high resolution ADF scans for the Epson Stylus
   Office BX600FW/TX600FW, Epson Stylus SX600FW and Epson WorkForce 600
 * fixes a zooming issue with ADF scans for the Epson LP-M5000 and
   Epson LP-M6000

As with the previous release:

> The latest version of Image Scan! for Linux now is (and should remain)
> available directly from the download page for _all_ models, unless we
> know for a fact it will not work for a particular model.  For certain
> models we also provide older, tested versions as a fallback.  This is
> so you can revert in case of bugs that went unnoticed in the latest,
> greatest version.
>
> # We can't possibly test all the supported models all of the time and
> # still expect to release in a reasonable time frame.  If you happen
> # to find a bug in the latest version, please report it[2].

The latest release also includes updated packages for the plugins for
the GT-1500 and Perfection V500 Photo.  These packages fix a problem
with the firmware download that might prevent detection of the device.

With these new plugin packages we now have the following situation:

  compatible with latest iscan (32/64-bit, RPM/DEB)
    GT-D1000    GT-1500
    GT-F670     Perfection V200 Photo
    GT-X770     Perfection V500 Photo

  in the QA pipeline (32/64-bit, RPM/DEB)
  ---------------------------------------
    GT-F650     Perfection V10
    GT-F700     Perfection V350 Photo
    GT-F720     Perfection V300 Photo
    GT-S600     Perfection V100 Photo
    GT-S620     Perfection V30
    GT-X750     Perfection 4490 Photo

  stuck at iscan-2.10.0 (32-bit RPM only)
  ---------------------------------------
    GT-7200U    Perfection 1250, Perfection 1250 Photo
    GT-7300U    Perfection 1260, Perfection 1260 Photo
    GT-9400UF   Perfection 3170 Photo
    GT-F500     Perfection 2480 Photo
    GT-F520     Perfection 3490 Photo
    GT-F550     Perfection 2580 Photo
    GT-F570     Perfection 3590 Photo
    GT-F600     Perfection 4180 Photo
                Stylus CX4300
                Stylus CX4400
                Stylus CX5500
                Stylus CX5600
                Stylus DX4400

  [1] http://avasys.jp/hp/page000001300/hpg000001275.htm
  [2] https://www.avasys.jp/secure/english/linux_e/support_form.html

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962