[sane-devel] MP 810

Nicolas Martin nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Mon Jan 5 21:20:33 UTC 2009

Hi Gernot,

>From what I can see from the logs:

- MP710 gets recognized by scanimage -L,
- But something looks incorrectly installed, as far as I can see:

[pixma] Could not read pixma configuration file: pixma.conf

The key point is probably the options to the ./configure statement in
the compilation process.

Thus, I would recommend uninstalling current CVS version, and recompile.

cd to the sane-backend directory, then uninstall current CVS:

$ su
# make uninstall

Then go to normal user and recompile:

$ make distclean
$ autoconf
$ autoheader
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
$ make
$ su
# make install

Now, take a slightly different logfile:

$ export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
$ export SANE_DEBUG=255
$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=21
$ scanimage -T  2> /tmp/logfile

send back the file /tmp/logfile you get.

Nicolas