[sane-devel] Build system issues.

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Sun Mar 1 03:44:47 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:07 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 11:00 PM, Chris Bagwell <chris at cnpbagwell.com>
> wrote:
> > m. allan noah wrote:
> >>
> >> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Chris Bagwell <chris at cnpbagwell.com>
> >> wrote:
>
> > Here is an idea to explore... Is there any change your RPM package is
> > replacing ltmain.sh or libtool when it was compiled?  I could see how
> > ldconfig might behavior like your seeing if 1.0.19 backends were
> installed
> > with "soname"'s of the form libsane-backend.so.1 but your 1.1.0 backends
> > were installed with soname's of the form libsane.so.1.
> >

> Its not 'my' rpm- it is the distro's rpm, which happens to be: Fedora
> 10, tada! Now you can test it too :)

Yep, that appears to be the issue... at least at first glance.  This line is
in Fedora 10's spec file:

 # We patched configure.in, so regenerate configure.
autoreconf --install --force

They should remove that --force option so as not to overwrite our patched
ltmain.sh.  So using Fedora RPM's and then installing on top with source
package will have the unwanted behavior you are seeing.

I'll bugzilla that when I have a moment.

Chris