[sane-devel] Mac OS X: make errors

Peter Schoenrank peter at schoenrank.ca
Wed Mar 25 17:59:21 UTC 2009

Firstly Mattias, I want to thank you for all the effort you have put
into creating the packages for TWAIN SANE Interface for Mac OS X. I
hadn’t realized just how much effort you had put into these packages
until I looked at your development directories.

I did try TWAIN SANE first, before embarking on this journey into
compiling sources for myself. It did not work with my newly acquired
Canon PIXMA MX850. At that time, I had convinced myself that the
problem seemed to be with the pixma backend rather than any of your
work. Hence I thought  to grab the latest pixma backend and compile it
myself.

Now, I am not sure where the problem lies. Being a noob, I have
managed to confuse myself. Following on what Chris Bagwell has
suggested, I suspect that I have also managed to confuse my
installation of Mac OS X.

I am going to take some time to clear my mind, order my thoughts, and
start again from the beginning.

Many thanks to all who have tried to help me, and thank you to all who
have put so much effort into open source software.

Peter

On 09-Mar-24, at 22:07, Mattias Ellert wrote:

> If you are not really interested in building SANE from sources, but
> want
> to use it - did you try the MacOS X binary installer packages at:
>
> http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/
>
> 	Mattias

-----
Peter Schoenrank