[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 3170 on 64 bit

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 12:53:38 UTC 2010

I guess I qualify as an old hand :) What I usually do is write RGB in
the upper left corner of a sheet of paper, each letter in the correct
color. Then I take a low resolution scan of that corner in each color
mode that the windows driver supports. Log that with this tool:

http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/

and make sure to clear the log after each scan.

Then cat each of your logs thru the attached script, like so:

cat usbsoop-color.log | perl spike4.pl > usbsnoop-color.out

Then we take a look at those cleaned files, and see if we can make
heads or tails of it. The epjitsu backend from sane might be of some
use...

allan