[sane-devel] API addition request

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Aug 24 08:40:57 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Aug 24 10:16 Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote (shortened):
> Am 24.08.10, 10:06 +0200 schrieb Johannes Meixner:
>> On Aug 20 11:50 m. allan noah wrote (shortened):
>>
>>> Johannes- If we had two trees, and they used the same soname/soversion
>>> such that only one could be installed at a time, which one would SUSE
>>> ship? The old, no changes version, or the new, more features, might
>>> break some frontends version?
>> Via our openSUSE build service I can provide a new sane-backends
>> at any time via a separated package repository ...
> Can you please post your OBS repository with the patched sane-backend.

If the SANE project had two trees, I would provide both trees
via our openSUSE build service.

I like to provide only what is "officially accepted" by the SANE project.

If you like to build your particular sane-backends version, you could use
the openSUSE build service as well - it is available for everybody - but
you would need to sign up before you could use it:
http://en.opensuse.org/
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Development
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Build_Service
https://build.opensuse.org/