[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX350

Nicolas Martin nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 08:39:43 UTC 2010

Le samedi 03 juillet 2010 à 09:05 +0200, Guenther Hutzl a écrit :
> On 07/02/2010 10:19 PM, John wrote:
> >
> > If you haven't got it working yet, you might try the canon drivers for the MX350
> > from:
> >
> > http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010836.asp
> >
> > Using the rpms from that source I have text printing partly working over
> > wireless which is more than I could do before.  Haven't tried the scanner yet
> > but scanner drivers are included in the bundle.
> >
> > --john
> >

> > --
> >

> Hello!
>
> Thanks for the hint. I will try that driver when I have time. I did not
> yet work on the usb snoop trace. But I will soon. I will soon have
> access to a windows XP pc so I can do the trace then. It would help me
> if anyone could point me to some documentation about how to produce
> useful traces. I did not find any post here, but I may have searched
> wrong. I will post the trace results here when I have them ready in the
> next weeks or so.
>
> Guenther.

If you can provide the USB pid for this model, we could try a quick
test, as there's some chance that this model behaves like a MX340 or
MX330, which are already supported. To get this, simply issue a lsusb ,
the usb pid should be in the list shown.

Here are some instructions for using SnoopyPro.exe
You can get this free utility SnoopyPro.exe from sourceforge.net:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbsnoop/

Read instructions on SnoopyPro.exe, then try to record a scan session
(you must be in under an administrative user account to do that).
Actually, these are the instructions to follow for a snoop:

1. Run SnoopyPro.exe from whereever you have saved it.
2. Open up the USB devices window with F2.
3. Choose 'Unpack Drivers' from the 'File' menu.
4. Choose 'Install Service' from the 'File' menu.
5. Locate the device you want to sniff.
6. Right-click on it and choose 'Install and Restart'.
7. Wait for the magic to happen...

=> Select the device corresponding to the scanner, it will have usb
address: 04A9:xxxx
There might be ~4 devices holding this address.
The scanner should be the one indicated by: "MX350 ser"

You can recognize that it's the correct one, if you look at the frame
counter in SnoopyPro, it should increment only when the scanner is
working.
This is important ... in order to avoid having huge log files filled up
with useless data!

Select a **small** scan area to scan (still to get a small log file)
using the Windows scanning tool (scangear), and start scanning with the
duplex ADF.

Then, Save As ... the file (in SnoopyPro menu), zip the log and send it
back

Nicolas