[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX870

Nicolas Martin nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 19:51:08 UTC 2010

Ok, so ready for a test ?

Let's assume MX870 is a somehow a MX860, and uses the generation 4 Pixma
protocol.

First, download the latest Sane git version. You should get a
sane-backends folder.

Then, replace the file sane-backends/backend/pixma_mp150.c with the one
I've attached. I've just added a declaration for the MX870 in there.

./configure with the correct options, make, install.
Help here for that:
http://mp610.blogspot.com/2008/04/give-your-scanner-new-freshly-sane.html

Then give a try. Be careful if you have a webcam attached, it may mess
up the detection and better disable in this case the v4l backend
in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf

Use the following commands to get logs:

$ export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255
$ export SANE_DEBUG=255
$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=11

$ scanimage -L  2> scanimage1.log

$ scanimage -T  2> scanimage2.log

Zip send back the result of scanimage.log to check how it's going.

Nicolas