[sane-devel] Xerox Travel Scanner 100 under Red Hat

Daniel Elm delm at bulletscan.com
Thu Jul 22 14:38:52 UTC 2010

There is a chance it's a USB problem.  Some laptops have ports that don't
provide enough power to USB driven devices like this, even though they're
supposed to.

Additionally, my experience has been that with many desktops, the front side
ports will see enough wear and damage (both physical and from static
electricity) over time that they no longer provide a reliable connection.

Typically I recommend using another USB port as far from the original one as
possible on the computer.  Also, if there's a power issue, sometimes a
powered external USB hub will work for you.