[sane-devel] sane is used by closed source software

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 17:14:09 UTC 2010

To clarify Julien's statement further, SANE's license contains an
exception which allows exactly this kind of use. I personally don't
like this exception, but it is an artifact of the past, impossible to
change now.

But, Hamrick's decision to use SANE as a library instead of stealing
its code, is actually a step in the right direction. IMHO, this is
more in line with the original intent of the exception.

allan