[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan 9000F (similar to 8800F) supported by sane?

Al Bogner sane at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Tue Sep 7 06:32:14 UTC 2010

Am Di, 07 Sep 2010 10:07:24 CEST schrieb Gernot Hassenpflug:

Hi Gernot,

> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:20 AM, Al Bogner <sane at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc>
> wrote:
> > Am Mo, 06 Sep 2010 22:55:55 CEST schrieb Gernot Hassenpflug:
> >
> >> Hi, quick message only: 9000F is working, only needs 9600dpi
> >> resolution in TPU mode implemented correctly /../
> >
> > Should lsusb show any info of the scanner? I have problems with
> > Windows XP too, after I installed the driver and dis-/connected the
> > scanner. The scanner was never recognized by Windows or Linux.
>
> Yes, certainly, just like any other USB device. Once it is connected,
> the USB subsystem should give the standard device information. You
> might try on another computer also, and with a different cable, in
> case there is some hardware issue with either the PC and/or cable.

I tried 2 pcs and 2 USB-cables, so the chance that there is a hardware
problem with the scanner, is high.

> > The main task will be to scan invoices and papers like this with
> > 150dpi in lineart, so nothing special. But sometimes I would like
> > to use the film guide mount with bigger film formats than 35mm.
> > That's why I think of this scanner.
>
> The 8800F and 9000F both work with 4800dpi already,

So, if I could choose the 8800F driver, it should work? I mean, I can
scan with 150dpi?

> the only new thing
> with the 9000F is the 9600dpi resolution. The 9000F has twice the
> number of rows of CCDs.
>
> > I am not experienced with cvs and sane. How long do you think it
> > takes, that the driver will be released in a repo? With opensuse I
> > couldn't
>
> SANE repos probably in a month or so. Distors who knows....

Thanks. I will ask at Opensuse, how often updates are generally done.

> > find the "old" 8800F driver. Is there a "factory-repo" for Opensuse
> > 11.2 and sane?
>
> Already in SANE 1.0.21. Just install it and you are supported.

rpm -qa | grep -i sane
xsane-0.997-11.1.i586
sane-backends-1.0.20-8.3.i586
sane-backends-autoconfig-1.0.20-8.3.i586

So, I have to search for a repo with newer packages for Opensuse.

Al