[sane-devel] xsane - DOES NOT save file preference on exit

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Thu Dec 8 09:34:17 UTC 2011

"m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Allan,

> Since I am the author of the sane-fujitsu backend, I feel compelled to
> respond. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution :( Make sure you are
> running the latest version of XSANE. Try erasing the preferences file
> entirely.

It could have to do with the way XSane restores settings and options
management in the backend. It's basically one gigantic loop that sets an
option then reloads the option descriptors, rinse, repeat.

If the backend changes the resolution in reaction to another setting
being modified, it's entirely possible XSane doesn't set it back. It's
been a while since I last looked into this, but that's my recollection.

Pretty much the only explanation I can see for what Joseph is seeing.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xFA1E5292