[sane-devel] CanoScan 700F

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Mar 1 05:59:58 UTC 2011

Le Wednesday 23 February 2011 22:17:09 Sebastian Reinhardt, vous avez écrit :

> > 	Hello,
> >
> > 	thanks for these tests. Now I think that the 700F isn't just a clone of
> >
> > LiDE 100/200 and specific structures must be tuned. The first thing to do
> > is to define specific GPIO description for this model and see how it
> > fares.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > 	Stef
>
> Ok, how can I help You to make it work?

	Hello,

	the steps involved in adapting the backend would be to record the USB
activity for a scan done under windows. Then process this log to extract GPIO
settings. A new GPIO define and a corresponding entry must be defined in
genesys_device.c . Then in genesys_gl847.c the gl847_init_gpio function may be
have to be adapted.
	To my opinion, there isn't much code to write but many tests to run in
order to check that the cnages are working like expected. So this task would
be better done by someone owning a 700F like you.

Regards,
	Stef