[sane-devel] scanner-find output for canoscan 8600f

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Mar 1 06:12:15 UTC 2011

Le Monday 28 February 2011 20:09:56 Jerry, vous avez écrit :
> I have attached the output of the scanner-find -v -v in hopes that it
> might lead to future support for this scanner. I will be happy to assist
> in any way I can but am not a programmer.
>
> jerry Gosney

	Hello,

	the heuristics in the scanner-find tool in 1.0.21 could detect a GL843
based scanner as a GL845 one. Do you think you could update to SANE 1.0.22 and
try to detect again ? I expect you will detect a GL843, which is a supported
chip by the genesys backend.
	Visual inspection of the IC in your scanner could also help. Without
disassembling my G4050, I can see the GL843 chip through the scanarea glass
when the scanning head isn't parked. Maybe it could also be the case for you ?

Regards,
	Stef