[sane-devel] CanoScan Lide 110 on Ubuntu 10.10

Tammo Heeren home at tammoheeren.com
Wed Mar 9 06:52:49 UTC 2011

I am really hopping that somebody can help me. I am at a loss.
I have a CanoScan Lide 110 on Ubuntu 10.10.
sane-find-scanner returns "found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon],
product=0x1909 [CanoScan], chip=GL124) at libusb:002:005" (which it
should) however, scanimage -L just returns the usual "No scanners were
identified." scanimage -V returns "scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.23git;
backend version 1.0.23". I added myself to all kinds of groups, ran
everything with sudo, to know avail. Neither xsane and simplescan work.
Can anybody point me in the right direction. I'd really like to get this
thing working and be one step further away from windows.

Tammo