[sane-devel] genesys run with your debug script

Bertie Coopersmith bertie at coopersmith.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 15:42:25 UTC 2011

It seems that my message consisting of debug output from the script
you sent to test the new genesys code for hp2400 was bounced
as being too large. I'm willing to continue trials with that but I
also would like to know how to go back to the Elcot code which I have
been using for over two years. I suppose the reason it stopped
executing was that /usr/bin/scanimage has also been altered.

Can you confirm that if I edit /etc/sane.d/dll.conf to re-activate
the hp2400 entry and also comment out the new entry in
/etc/saned/genesys.conf then I will be back to running the Elcot
.so files in /usr/lib/sane providing I use appropriate arguments
in my scanimage command?

By the way, I did not include attachments for the image files
produced by the debug script (That would have made for an even
bigger message.) but I can report that the image is still totally
black.

Regards, Bertie Coopersmith