[sane-devel] infoprint 1650 mfp

Ilan Tal ilan.tal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 09:03:06 UTC 2011

Thanks to everyone for the help.

It turns out to be trivial to create a profile which then remains on the
printer. There is absolutely no need for scanback or anything else. Likewise
there is no need for SANE. The scanner/printer sends the pdf file directly
to Ubuntu (I chose to send it to the downloads directory). It is even clever
enough to append a number to the filename if the file already exists.

My only "problem" is to delete the profile since I am only a guest at my
friend's place and I don't want to leave a trail of "experiments" on his
printer.

The bottom line is we can dump Windows and go over to Ubuntu.

Ilan