[sane-devel] PNM Driver problem scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.22; backend version 1.0.22

Alejandro Imass aimass at yabarana.com
Fri Nov 2 16:54:15 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am wondring if something has changed in the API to the pnm driver.

I'm running Sane 1.0.22 on Mac OS X and the command line scanimage
works fine with the PNM driver at index 0 (pnm:0).

But when I access it through the Sane.pm Perl interface to sane I get
no data on the read() call. The Sane.pm is working well because I am
able to dump the pnm scanner options.

I tried forcing the io_mode to SANE_FALSE which should force the
blocking mode. I get $len = 0 like if it was in non-blocking mode and
get no errors?

So I am bit out of ideas on why read() is returning with $len = 0 immediately.

What could be going on??

Thanks,

--
Alejandro Imass