[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 210 scans only once before needing its USB cable replugged

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 20:42:35 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Sean Whitton <spw at sdf.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using a Canon LiDE 210 with SANE 1.0.22, backends 1.0.22 on
> Debian Wheezy.  I can perform one scan just fine, but then in order to
> do another I have to unplug and then reconnect the scanner's USB
> cable.  I have attached debug output for the first successful scan and
> then for the second unsuccessful one.  I apologise for the garbage in
> the output caused by my shell prompt.
>
> I found someone else having the same problem [1]
>
> Do I need to upgrade my backends?  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Sean

I run the same (  Canon LiDE 210 ) scanner in arch linux with sane version
1.0.23-7 - and it works without any problem at all with as many scans as I
need one after the other.  Certainly updating to the latest stable version
of the sane backends (1.0.23) would be worthwhile. Whilst I know that
support for the front buttons will be coming in the next version (1.0.24)
which is not released as stable at this time, version 1.0.23 would likely
give you a working scanner for normal scanning using sane.

--
mike c