[sane-devel] start

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu May 16 21:04:11 UTC 2013

Hello Tiago- for developing sane-backends, you need the source code.
You should download a recent git snapshot from here:
http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/

There are various documents on this page:
http://www.sane-project.org/docs.html you should especially read the
'SANE Standard Version 1.0' and the links under 'Miscellaneous
Documentation for SANE Programmers'

After that, it is easiest to pick an existing backend which either
supports similar hardware, or has a programming style that you like.
Make a copy of this code, and add it to the build files.

Let us know if we can be of help.

allan