[sane-devel] query regarding static code analyzer related fixes

Viresh viresh_shirol at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 14:32:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

During our last project,we had to test our backend code with Prevent static code analyzer. Though I am not sure if I can use the errors reported here,but would like to know I can proceed with fixing the bugs reported for other vendor backends.
If other backend code change is not a good thing,then I would at least like to fix the ones reported for libsane library.

Btw.there are around 1760 errors emitted by the tool some of which are related to thirdparty libraries too but many are related to 1.23 base code.

Also, I think it will be a huge task to fix all those errors especially if the changes required are not trivial like NULL pointer check etc.
Moreover,the git version may not be the same as 1.23 version one anymore.

How do you suggest I proceed? I would like to do it but with no specific deadline.haha

One more thing:i may have to confirm if I am allowed to use the Prevent tool output as my base here...but I think that shoul be okay....hmmmmm...I guess one cycle test costs the company thousands of dollars I believe...hmmm

Thanks,
Viresh