[sane-devel] scanjet 5590

Volker Diels-Grabsch v at njh.eu
Fri Dec 18 16:54:07 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a HP ScanJet 5590, too. At the moment the hp5590 driver does
not recognize the exact page lengths, neither in "ADF" nor in "ADF
Duplex".  And that didn't change over the last months/years.  The
driver blindly uses whatever page length you specify.

So I guess that the difference you describe could be caused by
different "-y" arguments to "scanimage", and have nothing to do with
your exact SANE version.

BTW, do you also have this issue that as soon as you scan more than a
few sheets of paper, the scanned paper boundaries get out of sync with
the real paper sizes?

I that you say that your scanner is working well with "ADF Duplex",
because this is not the case for me.

I documented this issue here, and I'll try to improve the driver as
soon as I find some more time to work on that:

[#315234] Driver hp5590 doesn't recognize paper bounds on ADF for HP Scanjet 5590
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&group_id=30186&aid=315234&atid=410366

Regards,
Volker

Dr.G.H.Möser schrieb:
> Hallo,
>
> i have been trying for months to get the adf_duplex (Scanjet 5590)
> option working on sane both on linux and freebsd; i had no luck so far.
>
> Yesterday I tried it on centos 7.2 and everything worked. There was
> always (except for centos) an error concerning an incorrect length of
> the sheet which was about twice A4.
>
> Are there differences in the hp 5990 drivers or settings between centos
> 7 and all other distributions (I tried Archlinux, fedora 23; ubuntu
> 14.04 and 15.10; Linux-Mint and sabayon/gentoo).
>
> I am happy that the scanner is now working.
> Any further insight would be interesting.

Volker Diels-Grabsch