[sane-devel] Error: Canon Pixma MG7550 hangs

Troels Thomsen troels.pil.thomsen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 13:52:06 UTC 2015

Martin,
ad 1)
I'm sorry I have no understanding of the protocol what so ever, and have
spent max ½ hour in the code, to see what the patches I was sent, did.
ad 2)
I agree , this IS strange ...
ad 3)
I agree , this IS strange ...
ad 4)
Frankly, you have so many strange phenomenons going on, so ... you could
try....
(not that this a satisfactory solution at all...)

At this point, I think I would try to test it on another computer, to see
if all these really strange phenomenons (e.g. 'enabling Ethernet on the
device, makes usb scanning work' ) somehow is related to hardware or the
Linux installation. Just to make sure....

Sorry, its not much help.

/Troels