[sane-devel] Trying to get my Neat (NR-030108) scanner to work.

Terry Duell tduell at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 18 01:09:36 UTC 2015

Hello Stan,

On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 11:41:58 +1100, Stan Kaliski <tanker at att.net> wrote:

> Hi all, someone on the Linux Mint forum suggested that I try this
> mailing list for help in getting my Neat scanner to work with Linux.
>
> The Neat scanner seems to be widely advertised (here in the states) on
> TV.  While todays scanner my have a different manufacturer ID and model
> ID than the years old model I have.  Hopefully someone out there has
> gotten this unit to work with Linux the way it does in windows and can
> tell me what I need to do.
>
> To prevent having to retype A LOT or copy and paste A LOT.  Please start
> by seeing what I have already done at:
>
> http://forum.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=186038
>
> I would really like to get this existing scanner to work vs. buying a
> new one.  Little unit works fine, with Windows.

I read your progress to date.
I run Fedora, so please excuse what might be irrelevant questions.
What version of the sane-backends do you have installed?

I recently had quite a lot of trouble with my Epson 3490.
The sane-backends-1.0.24 (the current version from Fedora 20, and 21) were
installed.
My problem disappeared by getting the current git source and building my
own sane-backends.
I can only assume that in my case the current source included some changes
that fixed my problem.
Your problem is probably different, but if no one comes up with a
solution, you might consider trying what I did.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell