[sane-devel] Fuji Xerox Docuprint cm305df No Scan

Rob robert at antmail.com.au
Sat Oct 8 11:00:37 UTC 2016

         1.

                  _Fuji Xerox Docuprint CM305df Scanner not detected in
                  SANE
                  <https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=226091#p1192606>_

_Post
<https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?p=1192606&sid=a3c11723325312a0a7972435a9dcc89a#p1192606>
_by *robcitizen0
<https://forums.linuxmint.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=194701&sid=a3c11723325312a0a7972435a9dcc89a>*
» Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:22 pm (Posted on a number of sites\forums with No
success)

Is anyone able to help a techno tragic install a Fuji Xerox Docuprint
CM305df please in Linux Mint 17 64 bit (Quiana) Cinnamon. I have tried
to work out the thing with “sane” but cannot get any thing to detect the
scanner (gscan2pdf, simplescan, xsane & Gimp) printer works fine as a
network printer or as a USB printer. No problem. “ scanimage -L
” returns “No scanners were found” I have used all the tips, tweaks &
tricks I can find, even though it was a little nervy using the terminal
in case I stuff things up. I have run “lsusb” it shows “Fuji Xerox inc”
on a usb port & if I switch usb ports lsub picks it up on whatever port
I plug it into. Whether this is just picking it up as a usb printer I
cant say. All the effort over the last couple of weeks points to this in
sane, but I don't know how to install it. If someone could please take
me through it step by step I would be very grateful. Thank You in
advance Linux\ Ubuntu society
Tried this from what I could find on the sane site all without success

DESCRIPTION
The sane-xerox_mfp library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy)
backend that provides access to the following USB and network
multifunction-peripheral:
Phaser 3200MFP
Dell MFP Laser Printer 1815dn
Xerox Phaser 6110MFP