[sane-devel] HP scanjet 5590 duplex ADF

Bob von Knobloch bob at vknobloch.de
Sun Oct 30 16:26:00 UTC 2016

Hi,
I bought an HP Scanjet 5590 as it seemed to be very compatible and also
fairly modern.

The Xsane frontend produces an error if I try to use the Duplex ADF option:
"Failed to start scanner:Invalid argument".

Running xsane from a terminal, it reports:
"[hp5590] Top Y (436) + pixels Y (2363) exceedes max Y 2344"

It appears to double the no. of Y pixels (presumably because double
sided) but the scanner complains.

I don't know if this is in the backend or sane, so I'm posting, hoping
that someone will tell where I should post (if not here).

OS: OpenSuse Leap 42.1 (64-bit)
xsane-0.998

Greetings,

Bob von Knobloch
--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.