[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX725: ADF scan duplex and automatic recognition of number of pages

Timo Ziegler timo at alexandrez.de
Sat Jul 29 10:49:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

I got my MX725 running with scanimage on sane-pixma backend.

My last problems are that I can't scan in duplex mode via ADF and that a
ADF batch scan tries to scan another page after all pages are gone from
the ADF and then just gets stuck (need to use Ctrl + C once or twice).

To scan in duplex mode, I tried the following options:
--ScanMode=Duplex => unrecognized option "--ScanMode"
--source="ADFDUP"
--source="Automatic Document Feeder(left align,duplex)
--source="Automatic Document Feeder(left align,Duplex)
and maybe some variations more => setting of option --source failed
(Invalid argument)

To scan "infinity pages, incrementing by 1, numbering from 1", I just
used --batch and scanned.
It's successfully scanning all the pages + tried to scan a next one
after the ADF runs out of pages to scan.
// Scanning page 1
// Scanned page 1. (scanner status = 5)
// Scanning page 2

Then nothing happens anymore. When I press Ctrl + C, it tries to
// scanimage: received signal 2
// scanimage: trying to stop scanner

Nothing happens, so I press Ctrl + C again
// scanimage: received signal 2
// scanimage: aborting

Scanning via --batch --batch-number=2 works fine, but I want to use
scanbuttond later so I don't want to set the number of pages every time.

I tried using --adf-wait=3 but this option is not recognized. It's not
listed in scanimage -A, but I found it in the online pixma-backend
documentation.

I hope, somebody can give a hint.

Thanks in advance

Timo