[sane-devel] Spelling mistakes

Ralph Little littlesincanada at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 1 18:54:19 BST 2019

Hi,

On Thursday, August 1, 2019, 10:37:21 a.m. PDT, Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net> wrote:

> ...This rule is violated by some
> developers from time to time to fix insignificant typos but this usually leads
> to the claims by unsatisfied translators (you can easily find discussions on
> such incidents in FOSS translator mailing lists, e.g. [1]).

In this case, my intention is not to change the intention of the original strings.
The proposed changes are largely:

(1) Replace British spellings with standard US (e.g. behaviour->behavior)
(2) Correct "dodgy" grammar.
(3) Correct obvious spelling errors: "Liniar"->"Linear"

>From the last release, we only got about 4 translation updates and I wouldn't like to unnecessarily break the translations that we do have further than they currently are. :(

(2) above might result in translations that are not as accurate, so perhaps I could correct the .po files only for (1) and (3), those being very trivial, and leave (2) for the translators to properly fix up at next release?

Cheers,
Ralph