[sane-devel] Open sourced Brother DCP-1602 backend

guilherme.chehab at yahoo.com guilherme.chehab at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 18:59:22 BST 2019

Hey Guys,
Are you aware of any work in progress to add open sourced support to Brother scanners?
I have a Brother DCP-1602 multifuncional printer/scanner that I want be able to share using a raspberry Pi as a saned server.
It is my understanding that currently Brother only has Linux support through its closed-source proprietary backend driver that it is distributed only with x86 binaries. Even if there had distributed some old versions of the source code on the net, I was not able compile them to a functional results -- it seems to be quite incomplete.
So and I am willing to give a try in the writing of a portable open sourced backend for it -- or join an on going work.
regards,Guilherme