[sane-devel] Code freeze and release preparations for 1.0.28 (was Re: [ITR] Intent To Release: sane-backends-1.0.28)

Ralph Little littlesincanada at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 21:06:28 BST 2019

Hi,I have grabbed to en_GB.po file and I have engaged the services of poedit to work through the texts.I have a few comments:
1) Some of the GB translations are obviously completely wrong. I assume that the original messages have radically change from their original intentions.
2) Some of the original US messages contain Britishisms (for want of a better term!). Should we correct them in the original source (for example, "behaviour").
3) There are a few original messages which have questionable or contorted grammar. Should we fix those also before release?
4) I have one or two questions about some spellings which I think are wrong but I am not sure. One such example is Linier which I think was probably intended to be Linear but might be something else of which I am unfamiliar.

Longer term, does it make sense to try to reduce the number of repetitions?
Cheers,Ralph