[sane-devel] Building xsane

littlesincanada littlesincanada at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 27 06:54:57 BST 2019

Hi,

On 2019-07-26 10:04 p.m., Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> Wheezy was the most recent Debian release that I was able to build XSane
> on without extra work.  I guess someone could take a look at the patches
> used to build on Debian Buster (released earlier this month) and see
> what can be used to make XSane compile on a more recent distribution.

I use Linux Mint based on Ubuntu, so it makes sense for me to unpack the
build bundle to see what custom patches they use.

I actually managed to get it to build with a couple of line changes.
I think there was some deprecated functionality in libpng that has now
been properly removed.
The two offending lines were referencing elements of a structure that is
now opaque.
I could create a branch for xsane updates if you like with the changes
so far, but I will refer back to build for my distro to see what they
did to make it work.

There are also a *lot* of compiler warnings regarding ignored function
returns.
I don't know how critical they are but they make me nervous.
I will look into them also.

Cheers,
Ralph