[sane-devel] [ITR] Intent To Release: sane-backends-1.0.28

Olaf Meeuwissen paddy-hack at member.fsf.org
Wed Jun 26 14:29:48 BST 2019

Hi all,

Last time we released was 2017-05-22, a whopping two years and then some
ago.  Even the Debian project, notorious for its long release cycles, is
[slated to put out a new release][1] faster than that.

 [1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2019/06/msg00003.html

I've created a [milestone][2] to coordinate the 1.0.28 release.  This
will be our first release after the move to GitLab.com so a couple of
things will change from what we used to do.

# Does anyone actually remember what we used to do :thinking_face:?

 [2]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/milestones/2

In terms of timeline, things look like this (for those of you who can't
be bothered to follow the link :wink:):

  | Date       | Phase                   |
  |:----------:|:------------------------|
  | 2019-06-26 | Kick-off                |
  | 2019-07-10 | Feature freeze          |
  | 2019-07-24 | Code freeze             |
  | 2019-07-31 | Release :confetti_ball: |

I'm still mostly going by what's in [doc/releases.txt][3] but will
update that as I see fit.  Some of the info in there is no longer
relevant, some of it can be scripted away in our CI (or so I think
and I'll be testing that in a private fork).

 [3]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/blob/master/doc/releases.txt

For you project members, please have a look at the open merge requests
and open issues that have been assigned to you.  If any of those
are/look accomplishable within the timetable of the milestone, feel free
to add them to the milestone.  If you do, you're also expected to take
care of the merge request or issue within the timetable above, for
obvious reasons, I hope.

Next, for any [unassigned merge requests][4] and [unassigned issues][5]
have a look at whether this could be taken care of for 1.0.28.  If so,
self-assign and add them to the milestone.  If not, just leave them as
they are.

 [4]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/merge_requests?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&assignee_id=None
 [5]: https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=opened&assignee_id=None

Hope this helps,