[sane-devel] I cannot have the latest packages?

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 04:45:22 GMT 2020

Hi,

On 2020-12-19 7:52 p.m., pj.world at gmx.com wrote:
> sudo apt-get install  libsane libsane:i386 libsane-common
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.
>  dconf-gsettings-backend : Depends: dconf-service (>= 0.36.0-1)
>                            Depends: dconf-service (< 0.36.0-1.1~)
>  dictionaries-common : Depends: libtext-iconv-perl but it is not going
> to be installed
>  libsane : Depends: libsane1 (>= 1.0.31+git20201219-focal0)
> E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be
> caused by held packages.

You do not give us much to go on here.
There are dependency issues that prevent the installation of the package.
Where did you get your package from and on which distribution/version
are you trying to use it?

> Seriously, do not tell me I am not operating my computer correctly;
>
> Relax Ajax = simple scan is so much nicer and easy to work with even
> in openSUSE.
>
> What a waste of time even on a new install for my mom. A JOKE.

What is "Relax Ajax"?
If you make a coherent request of this forum, you are much more likely
to get helpful assistance from us.

Cheers,
Ralph