[sane-devel] WS-Scan (WSD scan)

Alexander Pevzner pzz at apevzner.com
Sun Mar 1 21:48:17 GMT 2020

Hi,

I'm currently working on adding WSD support to sane-airscan. Somebody
tried to implement WS-Scan before?

In general, everything works, more or less, but I observe few strange
things:

1) device reports its size in landscape orientation, though returned
images has a portrait orientation. Is it normal behavior, or
device-specific bug? In another words, should I simply and
unconditionally swap X and Y dimensions, or more complicated logic is
required here?

2) Unlike eSCL, WSD scan, even when requested from a computer, needs to
be explicitly started by pressing buttons on a device front panel.
Otherwise, device rejects scan request. Windows Scan behaves a similar
way. And this is especially inconvenient. Is it a normal behavior, or I
missing something?

3) Though protocol defines a method to specify scan region, device
completely ignores these parameters and always returns a full page. Is
it normal?

--

	Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at apevzner.com)