[sane-devel] SANE Backends 1.0.31 released / Goodbye / Ubuntu PPA

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Fri Sep 4 12:52:18 BST 2020

Hi all,

Am 02.09.20 um 14:49 schrieb Olaf Meeuwissen:
> Hi all,
>
> Olaf Meeuwissen writes:
>
>> Ralph Little writes:
>>
>>> What will happen to your PPAs? Are you planning to hand that over to
>>> someone else?
>>> I know they are a big deal for many people, including myself.
>>
>> Yeah, I realized I forgot to mention that a wee while after I dashed off
>> my initial response.  I'm curious as well.  Especially because I've been
>> thinking of getting rid of our daily date-stamped source tarballs.  I've
>> only been keeping those alive for your PPA really :-)
>
> Just thought I'd let you know that Rolf, Ralph and I are working
> off-list on getting the maintenance of this transferred to Ralph
> and myself.

Now the new Ubuntu PPA is online:
https://launchpad.net/~sane-project/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git and I'll
stop providing updates to my PPA
(https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git).

The new PPA will be maintained by a group, so changing personal
responsibilities won't affect the users anymore.

The last update from my PPA will automatically change the package
manager configuration to the new PPA, so you don't need to care about
switching the PPAs.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rolf