[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1250/Photo 64-bit

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 15:24:03 BST 2020

Hi,

On 2020-09-15 4:33 a.m., Charles Lindsey wrote:

> On 14/09/2020 15:29, Ralph Little wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2020-09-14 6:49 a.m., Charles Lindsey wrote:
> I have cracked it; well, sort of.
>
> Still using my old 0.999-5ubuntu2 version of xsane.
> Clearly, the preview uses a low resolution scan. So I tried doing a
> full scan at various resolutions.
>
> 50 dpi - banding seen
> 75 dpi - banding seen
> 100 dpi - banding seen
> 150 dpi - no banding
>
> I an still planning to download and compile the newer 0.999-8ubuntu2
> version of xsane (but not today). In the meantime, I suggest you try
> the same experiment on your Epson 1260.
>
> Using Simple Scan, I got no banding at either 75 dpi or 150 dpi, so I
> still think it is an xsane problem.

I will give it a try this evening. I have been using xsane for most of
my testing.
Hopefully I will see something similar. I will try the range of
resolutions available.
Actually, it is interesting that you get different results between xsane
and simple-scan.
I wonder if xsane is selecting some different defaults for something
else, like sample depth or width.

Cheers,
Ralph