[Simple-cdd-devel] Python modules

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Tue Jan 27 19:16:35 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 09:42:59AM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

> I think modules would be ok, as long as it was still possible to run
> simple shell script hooks.
>
> I had been meaning to rethink how the tools/* hooks are called; I'm not
> sure how useful it is to maintain the distinction between build, mirror
> and testing for the various tools. I had at one point thought to merge
> them into a tools.d run-parts like directory structure and simply run
> through each of them with conditional logic to determine if a particular
> snippet should actually do anything.
>
> So, I'm open to the idea of splitting it up. Not sure what exactly it
> should look like.

It is now split, and I've added the relevant packaging bits. I find it
easier to understand the code now.

The shell script hooks are still supported; I especially don't intend to
port the debian-cd tool to python :)

I'm tempted to implement __getattr__/__setattr__ magic in Environment so
that instead of env.get("MIRROR") we can just do env.MIRROR. That is the
only remaining refactoring idea that I still have, and it has been
kindly suggested by my typing wrists.

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>