[Surfraw-devel] line 470: http://www.google.com/search?q=foo&num=30: No such file or directory

Kyle Isom kyle at surfraw.org
Sat Feb 22 22:36:06 UTC 2014

I forgot to reply to the list, so I'll summarise my reply for posterity.

This is a result of surfraw not picking up the appropriate browser
environment variable; it's probably trying to use a text browser when a
graphical browser is set. Essentially what is happening is that surfraw
is calling "$BROWSER http://www.google.com/search?q=foo&num=30", but
BROWSER is empty; the shell only sees the query. I'm not sure why it's
doing this, but I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Kyle