[Tux4kids-discuss] Multithreading

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 22:23:53 UTC 2011

Hi Deepak,

> I want to ask is multithreading being used in tuxmath

The only place we use multithreading is to spawn a separate thread to
run the tuxmath LAN server from within the tuxmath program.  At some
point we want to make the server capable of handling multiple
simultaneous games, which probably will be done with threads.

> and does SDL
> networking library is being used alone or other networking library is also
> being used in conjucate with it.

SDL_net is a wrapper for the standard BSD sockets networking stack.
All of our networking function calls are done exclusively via SDL_net.

Hope that helps,

David Bruce