[Tux4kids-discuss] Getting started with tuxpaint

Pere Pujal i Carabantes perepujal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 19:20:19 UTC 2014

Hi Jenkin

El ds 01 de 02 de 2014 a les 21:52 +0530, en/na Jekin Dadhaniya va
escriure:
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to tux4kids. I'm in 5th year in Electronics and Communication Engg.
> at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. And I have received a job offer
> from Amazon.
>
> I am eager to contribute to tuxpaint as a part of GSoC 2014. I am
> proficient at C++, python and have development experience with OpenCV and
> OpenGL. My goal for this GSoC is to migrate TuxPaint from old version of
> SDL to SDL 2.0.
>
> Please help me get started.

The first is be able to compile the cvs version, you should check it
from sourceforge, then have all the needed tools installed, in Debian
this is done by
apt-get build-dep tuxpaint
apt-get install libpaper-dev

Once you are had compiled the cvs version, then you should identify what
has to be changed to upgrade SDL

Best
Pere