[Tux4kids-discuss] GSOC: Develop Mobile applications for Tux4kids

Gaurav gauravsaini03 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 19:55:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am under-graduate planning to participate in GSOC 2014. I am searching
for the projects in different organisation which are participating in
this year GSOC. I found this project very interesting and is keen to
work on this project as my GSOC project this summer. I want some initial
help and guide so how Can I start now, as I want to start as soon as
possible to increase my chances in selecting into this project.

As the project is about developing Mobile Applications TuxKids. I prefer
using Cordova/Phonegap for developing mobile apps using HTML5 plus
scripting language plus cross-mobile-platform development framework. I
have experience of HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript. In JavaScript, I am familiar
to Jquery, JqueryUI, Jquery Mobile and recently from 2 months working on
MVC based AngularJS. The Idea of mine is to use AngularJs +
IonicFramework to build mobile Application. IonicFramework is
specifically made for app development using Cordova/Phonegap. It
overcomes many shortcomming of JQM (like slow behaviour and click/touch
problem), which mainly was used previously. With AngularJs we have power
on nav-routing and various other features.  I have integrated Google
Maps, geolocation API and handled data using JSON request/response in an
application using AngularJS+ IonicFramework + Phonegap. The advantage of
using Phongap is that we can use same code for multiple platforms
(Android, iOS and Windows). Other than this, I have experience of
working in JavaEE, PostgreSQL, Maven and Ant build Tools, Git, SVN and
Eclipse.

I am really very excited to work on this project with this new framework
in scope. I have researched a lot before and found this perfect for
modern smart-phones. I would be very happy to start now and get selected
from your organisation for this project.

--
Regards,
*Gaurav Saini*