[Alioth-staff-replacement] The naming of the "Debian" gitlab group

mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Dec 27 10:08:30 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Wednesday, December 27, 2017, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> I would like to suggest you consider
> renaming it before the service leaves beta. Simply calling it "Packages"
> is one possibility.

Why not continue the term collab-maint as a group name? I understand that Gitlab terminology for structuring namespaces differs from other concepts (on Alioth we had POSIX group Debian and Git team namespace collab-maint). What people used was the term collab-maint.

I support Jonathan's wish for renaming the Debian group to something less Debian-centric and more collaboration/package centric.

> Thanks again and I'd  appreciate your thoughts on this.

From my side, also thanks for setting up Gitlab. I will start migrating my packages when I have returned from VAC.

Mike

--
Sent from my Fairphone 2 (running Sailfish OS)