[Alioth-staff-replacement] Mailman (lists.alioth) data migration from old infra

Toni Mueller toni at debian.org
Wed Dec 27 18:45:22 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 01:11:10PM -0500, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
> Thanks for doing this!  A question (that may have been answered already,
> sorry): you mention that this new ml system will be available "for a
> limited period of a few years".  Do we have a plan to officially support
> the mailing lists after that, or is it going be each group's
> responsibility to have its own ml setup in another infra?

I have once written some software to fiddle with the subscription
database of Mailman2, and I guess that it's not rocket science to write
some software to migrate to a different infrastructure. I can understand
quite well if someone wants to avoid the migration work.

Semi-OT:
What Mailman2 has over mlmmj, is a useful web interface for many tasks.
What mlmmj has over Mailman2, is a much easier to handle configuration,
and likely much lighter resource usage.

If someone wants to talk to me directly about ML software, I am
interested.

Cheers,
--Toni++