[Alioth-staff-replacement] Mailman (lists.alioth) data migration from old infra

Sergio Durigan Junior sergiodj at sergiodj.net
Wed Dec 27 18:11:10 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, December 27 2017, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> I had some feedback from DSA that the http redirect and MX record
> changes for lists.alioth.debian.org were possible, and so I'd like to
> try and actually get this done in the next couple of months. I've
> also determined based on feedback that trying to import all alioth
> lists is probably not sensible as many of them are defunct/full of spam
> - instead going for an opt-in approach.
>
> I summarised the current status at
> <https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/MailingListContinuation> and I'd be
> grateful for your feedback on this. In particular whether you would
> be able to help with the migration process by providing access to sync
> data for the lists we decide to migrate. Also (as a first step) a complete
> list of lists, so we can email -owner addresses (or suggestions for a
> better way to contact list owners?)

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for doing this!  A question (that may have been answered already,
sorry): you mention that this new ml system will be available "for a
limited period of a few years".  Do we have a plan to officially support
the mailing lists after that, or is it going be each group's
responsibility to have its own ml setup in another infra?

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36