[Babel-users] Slow update of default route

Juliusz Chroboczek Juliusz.Chroboczek at pps.jussieu.fr
Tue May 18 20:10:22 UTC 2010

> Given that we have multiple gateway nodes and one gateway port is
> specifically removed from a node, it seems to take 5 minutes or more
> before that node is updated with a valid gateway.

That's certainly not expected.  Babel should reconverge almost
immediately after it notices a link is down (which takes 2 to 3 hello
intervals).

> Is there something we can do to make this update faster.

It depends what the problem is.  You can certainly try experimenting
with the -h, -H and -l flags to babed (see the manpage).

> What we have seen is that if another completely different node is
> removed from the mesh, it updates the gateway data on the node,
> immediately replacing the gateway data with a valid gateway.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

--jch