[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: ahcpd-0.52

Gabriel Kerneis kerneis at pps.jussieu.fr
Mon Aug 8 13:45:29 UTC 2011

Dear Dave, dear all,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 07:58:30PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> Ahcpd-0.52 is available

ahcpd 0.52 is now available in OpenWrt too (r27932).

INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE: client mode cannot be configured in /etc/network/interface
anymore.  You must configure it in /etc/config/ahcpd, just like server or
forwarder mode.

This will be fixed in a future release.  This is a deliberately simple, working
version, prompted by Dave's need to release Cerowrt as soon as possible with
ahcpd and babeld.

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 11:30:55PM -0600, Dave Taht wrote:
> I'd really like to include a fully working version - both scripts and GUI -
> in the upcoming cerowrt 1.0 release.

This change most probably breaks the GUI (for client mode), but I have no way
to figure it out since I don't use it.  You should check and ask jow how to fix
it in case it's indeed broken.

I hope you still have some time to merge this version (as well as latest
babeld) with your trunk.

Best,
--
Gabriel