[Babel-users] Question about Babel

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 09:57:58 UTC 2012

Hi!

We are considering to finally move to Babel with our network in
Slovenia, but have two questions:

Does Babel support client roaming? At Battlemesh v5 Batman team
presented really cool implementation of that which really supports
seamless client roaming. Is there anything like that in Babel? The
issue is that for really good seamless roaming some inter-layer
information has to be leaked (the best way is to hook onto the WiFi
driver and immediately when client associates you adapt the routes for
him to point to this new node). Is this something Babel supports or is
there a possibility it will support? Or do you see this as something
some other part of the stack should take care?

Does Babel support dynamic (run-time) configuration of interfaces it
operates on, without the need of restarting the daemon? We are planing
to use many many L2TP tunnels to connect nodes together, which will be
created dynamically, so we will have to setup Babel to work on top of
that as tunnels are created and removed. Can Babel handle this?

Mitar