[Babel-users] no via line in zebra/quagga routes

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Feb 9 07:41:39 UTC 2012

> IPv4 didn't work for me either, this was briefly noted before. I am
> not sure, if any IPv4 information was ever exchanged in PDUs.

Yes, the on-the-wire packets are fine (tcpdump), babeld has the right
information (show babel database), but it doesn't get communicated
correctly to zebra (show ip route).

> It is likely, that ifindex-less nexthops work Ok, but nexthop+address
> nexthops are also supported in ZAPI, it is NEXTHOP_TYPE_IPV4_IFINDEX.
> ospfd should use a similar call for route management, it can be used
> as an example.

Thanks, I'll have a look.

-- Juliusz

P.S. You're now whitelisted for babel-users, you should not need to go
     through moderation again, at least for this address.